Do you wear socks when slipping on shoes or not? Some people wear their sneakers and rubber shoes sock-less. This is not very ideal, however. Especially when you are running or doing other sports activity, you will need a pair of the best socks for that additional comfort and protection.
Why is wearing socks while running important? Read on for the reasons:
- Without socks, there will be a friction between your feet and the shoes.
- The socks can help the feet fit snugly into the shoes, thereby preventing too many feet movements inside the shoes.
- When running during winter or in the wee hours of the morning, the socks can provide warmth.
- The socks can wick moisture especially that your feet tend to sweat during running.
- The socks can help compress the arches of the feet.
The best socks for running may cost more than the usual pair of socks yet it would be beneficial to invest in them. More information about best socks for sweaty feet on runnerlight.com.
When you buy this type, ensure the following:
- Make sure that they are made out of synthetic and breathable materials such as CoolMax, acrylic and polyester.
- See to it that the socks are suitable for the current season.
- Ensure that the shape of the socks hugs the contours and arches of your feet. An elastic lock on the arch of the foot would be a plus.
- If you want extra cushioning, go for those with padded soles.
- For better blood circulation, compression running socks are recommended.
Your legs and feet go through a lot whenever you run or play sports. You may feel tired after it but you can steer clear of the pain and other discomforts such as blisters and sprain when you wear the best socks and shoes.